(Makes 4 Servings as a Topping or Side)
- Red Bell Pepper, Finely Chopped 1
- Green Bell Pepper, Finely Chopped 1
- Medium Tomatoes, Seeds Removed & Chopped 2
(you might use less if they’re very hot)
- Lemon Zest, Finely Chopped 1 Tsp
- Parsley or Cilantro / Coriander, Finely Chopped 2 Tbsp
- Garlic, Finely Chopped 1 Tbsp
- Red or White Onion, Finely Chopped 1
- Salt 1 Tsp
- Ground Pepper 1 Tsp
- Olive Oil 2 Tbsp
- Juice of 1 Whole Lemon To Taste
You will also Need
Your O-Grill (Of Course)
How To Make It
Salsa is a great addition to almost anything you cook on your O-Grill. The combination of fresh and slightly spicy flavours won’t overwhelm the delicious grilled flavour of your main dish, but adds a saucy texture and healthy portion of vegetables to balance it and add zest..
Salsa is simply the Spanish word for ‘sauce’ and there are many recipes and variations enjoyed around the world. Common to most are chopped peppers, tomato, onion, garlic and coriander or parsley. Traditional recipes use cilantro – which is the chopped stems and leaves of coriander, but parsley is a good substitute if coriander is not available.
You can experiment by changing some ingredients – if you want a sweeter salsa try adding some chopped mango, or add chopped chillies for a bit more spice! Adding ground coriander if you can’t find fresh will also enhance the flavor.